Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Day!

I am snowed in and I love it! Even though the main roads are pretty much plowed (I must admit, Boston does a good job during storms like this) the city has asked people to stay home if possible. I am more than happy to oblige. Plus there's really nothing better than a day to sit on the couch, surf blogs and catch up on the latest movies and fashion magazines - especially when that day is in the middle of the week. Score!! I'd like to thank J. Crew for their loungewear because that is what I will be wearing all day - at least until I bribe someone to shovel my car out later today. When that time comes I can't promise any fabulous outfits. Sorry ladies - I haven't figured out a way to look fab, especially in heels, while shoveling three feet (thanks Mr. Plowman) of snow from around my car - but believe me, I'm working on it!


Target.com - Waverly Damask Panel Black/White
Hmm, I wonder if the mail is still running today - I'm waiting for a package from Target. I removed the door on my closet in lieu of a curtain. One, it allowed me to place my large dresser on that wall without having to deal with opening the door, and Two, it gave me better access to my small Boston closet. I plan on hanging a curtain that matches the rest of the curtains in my room, but it has been a while since I bought those curtains and now their only available online. Today would be a great day to finish my do-it-myself project. Once it's done I'll post pictures of the finished product.



J. Crew cardigan (similar item) &
tunic (similar item)
Gap Outlet Woven Belt
Theory Skirt (Marshalls)
DKNY Tights (Nordstrom)
Sam Edelman Boots

One thing that the snow did do is postpone my business trip that I was packing for in the last post, so the wait for the outfit posts might be a little longer than expected, but sometimes Mother Nature has other plans. I was actually dressed to go and made my way to the airport - only to turn around and come back home. My travel outfit was cute though - comfortable enough to fly in but business enough to hit the ground running once I landed. Sorry for the lack in outfit photos but the cabbie was literally beeping outside my door as I snapped this pic (hence the scarf and the coat in the corner) - hey there's always time for at least one picture!

4 comments:

  1. Those are really cute curtains and they serve as an excellent backdrop 4 all your shoe posts :)
    Wow - that looks like a Snow-a-pocolypse. I was born near the equator and all this snow is just killing me :)
    And hey, snow or no snow, you managed to look so pulled together! :) That blue cardi makes your outfit pop. And love those Sam Edelman boots! So glad to have just discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! I grew up in snowy states and I still can't get use to this much snow - but then again I think I'd miss the snow if we never got any. Such a love-hare relationship, lol. Love your blog as well - can't wait for the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just did a google search for those curtains from Target, and came across your post. Are these the same curtains?

    http://www.target.com/p/Target-Home-Woven-Damask-Panel/-/A-13540187

    And if so, are they truly black and white, or more like black and cream? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm - they don't look exactly like the ones I bought - but I purchased them over 2 years ago so this might be the updated version. The panels I purchased are a black/cream - not white. Hope that helps. Post pics of your new curtains if you end up purchasing them!!

      Delete