Sunday, January 9, 2011

OOTD - Birthday Sparkle

So technically this is an Outfit of the Night (OOTN) since I wore this to a girlfriends' birthday dinner. I have been dying to wear this top that I picked up on final sale at J.Crew, and what better opportunity to introduce a little shine than at a birthday celebration? I know there are people that are not the biggest fan of FS, but honestly it doesn't really bother me that much. I have yet to be burned by a purchase that I've made. If I'm on the fence on an item (even just a little bit) then I pass until I can try it on at a B&M to make a final decision. Just my personal opinion.

J. Crew "Drapey Sequin Tee" in Shadow; Joe's "Cigarette Jean", Gap Ribbon Belt circa 2007
I bought this in a large, I probably should have found an extra large because it's not as drapey as I'd like. But seeing as I am in between sizes and I am in the process of dropping the holiday poundage I'm not that worried about it. In a few weeks the fit (which I think is tts) will be perfect.

Me Too - "Lisbon" Suede Platform Bootie

Let me tell you, these shoes are pretty darned comfortable. For the most part this brand is a little too bland for my tastes, but every once in a while something catches my eye. Easy to get on and off, heavily padded sole and a hidden platform make these a go to shoe for going out this winter.


I love playing with my hair - tonight's do was so easy. All I needed was a hairnet and one bobby pin. It consists of a bump in the front, with a small basket weave in the back and a low bun. I use the hairnet to give me a more concise and neat bun and use the bobby pin to tuck the bun up and under to give it a nice and full look. Through on my trusted MAC eyeshadow, liner, and mascara and I'm good to go!









Hope everyone has a great weekend! Stay stylish ;o). Ms. ShoeLover.

No comments:

Post a Comment