Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Sized in Style – Ideeli Salon

I remember growing up when the fashion industry ignored the fabulously curvy; or those that weren't as tall as a giraffe; or those with a shoe size in double digits. I always felt jilted out of the latest fashion – because I am that curvy, large footed woman. I am a size 12 shoe, I am a 34” inseam, and I am nowhere near a size 2. When I was in the 8th grade I bought my first pair of plus-sized, long length bell bottom pants from Paris Blues (remember them??). Let me tell you, I wore those things to death. I’m pretty sure I cried when I finally had to throw them away. There are so many fab women that aren’t 6’ size 2 models; and we refused to wear the dribs and drabs that the fashion world had been providing. We demanded more! And they are listening! Ideeli is launching Plus Size Perfection salon on Thursday, January 20, 2011. I can’t find any details on the labels/designers that will be featured but I will try my best to log on to the sale early and provide all the juicy tidbits. But, in case I can't get to it before work, sign-up on the website so you can check it out for yourself!!

Also, be on the look out for more posts in the Sized in Style series in both apparel (for the curvy, the tall, and the petite) and footwear (size 10 and up, and size 5 and smaller). Happy Shopping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment