Saturday, January 22, 2011

OOTD - The Joker

Tonight someone asked me how I put my outfits together - I told them I try to dress in juxtaposition. Sounds weird, I know; but I always feel my best outfits are the one that are comprised of opposites. It just gives a nice, although sometimes unexpected, balance to the whole look. So if you're going for a soft feminine look, throw in a strong accessory like a leather biker jacket or boots. Flowing dress, add a structured jacket. Skinny jeans, try a free form top - to me it's all about balance. This outfit was my take on color juxtaposition - green and purple! Yes, I know, it's the color of The Joker from Batman, but I absolutely love this outfit! Feel free to share your comments!

           
DKNY Cashmere Cozy (Marshalls)
Laundry by Shelli Segal Knit Dress (Marshalls)
Hue Tights (Marshalls)
Gap Outlet Leather Woven Belt

Sam Edelman Boots
I must really love this brand because this blog has made me realize how many S.E. shoes I actually own!

3 comments:

  1. I love those boots! Sam Edelman makes lovely shoes. I like your story on how you put your outfits together. After reading this post, I need to make a run to Marshalls ASAP! I always forget about that store. I usually go to TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Marshalls! Always looking for a bargain - I usually don't have as much success at TJs but I know people who find the greatest stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combo and those boots are hot!! I just bought a pair of flat, tan, otk boots too and love to wear them.

    I'm all for pairing opposites, especially when it comes to feminine and masculine pieces. It can create an outfit with definite pop and interest.

    ReplyDelete