Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Packin' Up

I've learned that there are two types of packers in the world - those that just throw a bunch of clothes in the suitcase and hope for the best and those that plan every outfit for every day - I wish I could be the former, but alas, I am the latter. I love to put outfits together, but I do it one day at a time which actually works for me. Overnight trips - I'm good to go in 15 minutes flat! Week long vacations... well that's another story. What if I forget the shoes that go best with that skirt? What if I don't like the outfit once I get down there? What if I (gasp!) run out of suitcase space?!?! Well I think I've come up with a solution. Start early. I know, it sounds simple, and it actually is, but it's alluded me for so long. Here's what I did: I planed out some outfits and hung them together in my room. Belts, shoes, jewelry, everything together. And then I just let it sit for a few days... looked at it... slept on it... got inspiration from my favorite blogs... generally mulled it over. As the days passed I changed a few things, swapped bottoms, ditched the cardigan, I even dumped a whole outfit all together and started from scratch on a new one. By the time I actually had to pack my suitcase I had the best outfits with the least amount of items. I feel like a packing master :o) Look for the outfits in up-coming OOTD posts.

Outfit Selection - Round 1

1 comment: