Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Attention Shoppers - Anthropologie

I will admit, I'm not a huge Anthro shopper, but as I browse the blogs I see so many things that I absolutely adore. So when I was in the mall this weekend I thought I'd pop in - results are mixed. First off I think I'm a little spoiled with all the additional % off sales going on right now, so the fact that Anthro didn't give any additional discounts at the register was a bit of a disappointment. Second, there were a few things I loved but they didn't come in my size (bummer) - I noticed that the sizing seems to run small at this store, at least it did for the items I tried on. I'll have to see if they come in additional sizes online. Oh well - it's probably good for my wallet :o)


I saw this sweater on a mannequin and immediately fell in love. It's a dress; It's a cardigan; It's a wrap; It's all of the above! I would wear this to death! Unfortunately this seemed to run on the smaller size so it didn't fit as well as I'd like. And for the price (if I remember correctly it's around $100) it needs to fit. So sad, but it had to stay at the store.





I really like this top. I actually left the store with this top. But I think I will be returning this top. Why? Value value value. This was $50! And compared to the jacket below and the sweater above, I just don't think it's actually worth $50. It's a jersey knit striped open cardigan. It fits great, the sleeves are nice and long... hmm now I'm talking myself back into keeping it. I'll have to sleep on it. What do you ladies think??


I really wanted this jacket to work. Not only was it cute, but it was only $40, which is a steal! It was exaggerated shoulders, a marled fabric, and a cute back! But for me it was a little light under the arms and across the chest. I don't think it runs small per say, I just think it's cut in a way that's not good for well endowed women. But if you have a smaller chest I would 100% recommend this jacket!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get in to an Anthro. I can't tell you how many things I order only to return 90% of the items. A secret (not really) that I have is to go to the store and try on the full priced items, and make note of the fit, material and colors. Then check every Tuesday on the website, as they have markdowns every week. If the item that you know you love is marked down, grab it in your size on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the Wrapped-in-Waterfalls Cardigan in the first picture!!!??? I feel in love with it when it popped onto the website but didn't buy it in time.
    I love Anthro but don't buy a lot from them. It is definitely worth it to keep a wishlist and stalk the sales, you can find some good bargains.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup - that's the Wrapped in Waterfalls! It's such a great cardigan! I'm keeping my eyes out for a same in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot! Woot! Thanks 4 these Anthro reviews. I heart the Wrapped in Waterfalls cardi in BIG BIG way, too bad it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete