Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mission Organization Idea - Fabulous Shoe Closet

I. Absolutely. Love. Shoes!! And after some thought I think I have figured out why... everyone says shoes are great because they always fit, and I really think that's part of my love, but with a twist. See I am a tall gal (5'10") and I have a large shoe size (12) so growing up I was never able to wear the clothes or shoes that all my friends were wearing. In the late 90s early 2000s, there were little options to a shoe lover (especially when you're in middle/high school and thus have no money, lol). So as I got older, and designers started recognizing that all shoe sizes love fashionable footwear, my shoe collection started to grow (and grow and grow!). There's really only one downfall from this experience growing up - I have a tendency to buy shoes even when I only kinda like them. Why you might ask - well because they come in my size and I'm been programed to believe that the selection is so slim that I should grab up any options I am given. Now don't get me wrong, there are loads of shoes that I absolutely love only to discover that they stop at a size 10, but there is beautiful options out there that have made it into my closet. Enter my lack of space.

This New Year I decided to really get organized. I have shoes everywhere - under my bed, in my closet, on a bookshelf, and on a shoe organizer that hung on my closet door. I kept most of my shoes in boxes so it was pretty easy for me to forget what shoes I owned - plus it just wasn't a pretty set up. So I created a shoe display thanks to Ikea and Shiris from I Luv Coffee and Shoes. This is the best idea ever! Absolutely LOVE it! Not only can I see all of my pretty shoes, but since I only have room for one I have to really love a shoe for it to get covered space in the cabinet. Now if only I could find a similar solution for my closet... Love, Ms. ShoeLover.



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I LOVE that shoe display. I run in to the same problem as you - w. not enough space in my cramped house. My shoes are everywhere! I need to make a trip to Ikea. Or maybe I can scavenge up a vintage looking one at Salvation army? Fingers crossed Thanks for sharing this cool shoe project! You've just inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, this is an awesome idea. I would love to use this similar one for other things in my house. Please let me know that type of closet this is so when I travel to Ikea (one day hopefully) I can make a similar purchase!

    ReplyDelete