Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dressed!

I love dresses. Love. Love. Love. Love. LOVE! Dresses. They can say so many things - What's up flirty and fun! How do you do prim and proper. Nice to see you again structured and sophisticated. Straight up or with a twist, dresses can scream or whisper, they are whatever message you want to convey. And that (along with the fact that they are oh so comfortable) is why I love them so. I really rev up my dress consumption come spring and summer. For some reason I seem to switch to skirts in the winter, but that's for a future post. Lately it's been beyond cold (someone remind me why I chose to live in New England), wet and dreary, so to cheer me up I've been dress plotting - don't tell my wallet though. I have to ease her into the idea. Hmmm, what am I going to add to my collection in Spring 2011? There are really only two styles I want...

Flirty Throwback - there's nothing better than taking a trendy step back in the past. It brings back a sort of femininity that sometimes gets lost in the modern world.

 This dress has the skirt from the 50's and a top from the 90's. Love the combo!
Bebe 90910  Fit Flare Dress (featured in People Style Watch Feb 2011)

Who doesn't love the a modern crochet. Love the 70's feel.
Trina Turk Keyhole Dress

Sexy in Silk - silk is such a sensual fabric, paired with a relaxed styling it's a great daytime romantic look.

 I love the color, I love fit, and I love the silk.
Kenneth Cole Silk Tie Dress

 Striped Silk - two trends in one!
Banana Republic Striped Drop Waist Dress

 Sweet ruffles, Edgy zipper, romantic silk... what more could you ask for?
Gap Ruffle Zip Dress

Now all I need is some warmer weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment