Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Fit for a Queen

It's finally done and I feel like my obsession with HGTV has paid off! I've mentioned in previous posts that one of my unofficial resolutions is to reorganize my life - I started with my bedroom. It's taken a little longer to finish than planned but I just put the finishing touches on last night and I'm ready to share. I decided to take this on in 2011, specifically my bedroom, because I really felt like I was in a rut and I wasn't inspired by my space anymore. I loved the color theme (black, white, and neutrals) that I did 2 years ago, but I hadn't changed my furniture layout in over 5 years and I had so much unneeded and unwanted "stuff" cluttering my space that it just made me feel claustrophobic. And that's not cool in your bedroom!

View from the door
I am utterly mortified at how messy my room was in the before pictures, but in my defense I has just come back from a 2 week vacation so my suitcase had exploded over my room, and since we're all friends I thought I could share. As you can see I have shoe boxes everywhere, shopping bags from my latest retail conquests, random needless papers on my dresser, and the clutter goes on and on. Well no more! PS: Notice the small closet - thanks Boston architecture.

View from head of bed
View from the door


Moving furniture + cleaning house = fabulous new room! Drum roll please.............



View from the door
View from the headboard (old location)
That's my tiny closet in the corner

Above my headboard

My jewelry, perfume, hair station

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Thank you for sharing the before photos. I know it's not easy to show the chaos of our lives, but thank you for sharing. It will give me inspiration to be creative in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhh, love the pic of the birds above your headboard. I have red birds on my wall.
    p/s welcome back from your vacation. lol, I am OBSESSED with HGTV too and Food TV

    ReplyDelete