Thursday, February 16, 2012

Closet Desires: Spring/Summer 2012 Edition

Never! It is never too early to think about the upcoming season. All the magazines have images of the spring trends and it seems like every show I watch is on vacation or filmed in a warm, sunny locale. So I've started to think about the things I'm going to add to my closet for the warmer months. I live in dresses in the warmer months, but I do want to update my look just a little bit. Here's my wish list.



Jumpsuits/Rompers
Joie Joleen
Jumpsuits and rompers have come and gone. (And come and gone. And come and gone.) Now they are back - I've been seeing them on my guilty pleasure reality shows on E, Vh1, or Bravo and every time I see one I think "I gotta get that!" They can run the gamut from easy-breezy to sophisticated to glitz and glam. Needless to say I am excited to wear one. Now the question is are they actually wearable? How does one go to the bathroom? Especially if it's not a tube top like the one pictured. Honestly, I don't even care - that's how bad I want a jumpsuit and romper, haha. I am excited! Now they are pretty hard to pull off fit wise, especially if you aren't the same size top to bottom or if you are taller or shorter than average height - both of which I am. The trick for me here will be to either find one with a long torso or a high rise. Either way I'm determined and oh so excited about this item.


High-Low/Asymmetrical Hemline
BCBG
Business in the front, party in the back. Who knew the mullet look could actually be so cool. This is another look that isn't necessarily new this season, but there are so many ways to interpret it. I like all versions of it - the extreme (like the one pictured from Nordstrom) and the less exaggerated versions. Both bottoms and tops have utilized this trend. I don't know why, but the asymmetrical hem top is just oh-so flattering. I already own a skirt, a dress, and numerous tops with a high-low hemline but a few more won't hurt :o)

Color Color Color
Gap "Always Skinny Flood Jeans"
Sam Edelman "Marina Pump"
I love all color - and it is so in this season from brights to pastels. Pants, dresses, skirts, accessories - doesn't matter what it is it'll just add a little pop to my wardrobe. I'm excited for the pinks/corals, greens/yellows, and of course my favorite color purple! And because the colors run the gamut everyone can wear this trend - add a belt or some fun bangles or go for the gusto and do it all over! I'm going to go the accessory route when it comes to bright colors (I love wearing a monotone outfit with a pop shoe). For the pastels I'll look for dresses and jeans. 

2 comments:

  1. First of all...THANK you for your sweet comments! I really do appreciate them! Secondly I am loving ALL of the trends and I will take everything you featured! I saw those Gap jeans on Sunday and had to hold myself back from buying them in that lilac color. Lastly I want to add a mullet skirt or dress to my closet but have not liked how they look on. I feel like they make my legs look weird. I will keep trying though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the lilac color! Had to have them!! I ordered them online since I need tall length - hopefully I'll post about them next week once I've had a chance to style them. Keep trying for the mullet dress. I find on me that they look best with heels if you're going for a longer length and flats if you're going for a shorter length. I'm sure the perfect mullet is out there for you :o)

      Delete