Tuesday, January 31, 2012

OOTD - What's old is new

I am always looking for new ways to wear old things. For one thing it's so much easier on my wallet and since this year I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible I'm sure I'll be shopping my closet that much more often. Enter this Target find. I bought this for less than $20 at the tail end of the Alice Temperley flash sale. It has covered buttons down the front 3/4 placket and covered buttons on the cuff of the sleeve. In true Alice Temperley style it has a nod to the days of classic femininity and sophistication. Only one issue - its really really really short. Because of that I've only worn it once to a friend's birthday party. Since then it's been hanging lonely in my closet. While leafing through a magazine I saw an inspiration style (note to self take a picture next time!) that showed a dress worn as a top - it looked so sophisticated so I tried my own version and I love the outcome.
The pants are J.Crew mini and add a pop of color that and they are insanely comfortable. I bought this necklace on sale two years ago from Banana Republic and the shoes are Steven by Steve Madden from Nordstrom.  My watch and ring are my go to jewelry for the most part - the watch is Michael Kors and the ring is a fantastic find from TJ Maxx. I recieved so many compliments on this outfit - I'm going to have to shop my closet much more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment