Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Old Man Winter vs. Fab Heels

I live in New England - Boston to be exact and I love everything about this region. We have all four seasons, which allows me the greatest breadth of fashion from rompers and sandals to jeans and Sorels. But (isn't there always a but) there is only so much winter a girl can take before she craves the warm weather again! Since Old Man Winter and I aren't exactly the best of friends I jetted off to Ft Lauderdale last weekend to see some friends! A little sun, a little beach, and a whole lotta fun - score one for Fab Heels.

Skirt - Nordstrom
Sandals - Sam Edleman
Cardigan - Trouve (Nordstrom)
Bag - Kate Spade
Belt - Gap
I love this skirt - I bought it on super clearance at Nordstrom.com. It's a high-low pleated poly-woven that looks as good with heels as it does with flats. Plus the fact that it has a billion colors in it makes it so versatile with any solid colored top. This particular skirt is no longer for sale but Nordstrom and Anthropoligie have similar skirts for this spring.
I topped my statement skirt with a bright coral roll sleeve cardigan that I belted with an old favorite. Paired with sandals it was a great outfit for brunch on the beach. Now if I can only get this weather to move up the Atlantic seaboard a little quicker I would be a happy shopper. This being typed as I look outside to the first major snowfall all season. A girl can dream can't she.

No comments:

Post a Comment