Thursday, January 26, 2012

They make it look so easy

Hey ladies! I have some OOTD coming to ya soon - I'm just finishing editing the pics so be patient with me. On the other hand it is near impossible for me to take pictures in my new place. Well maybe that's an exaderation. But still, I have yet to figure out the best room, lighting, etc for my OOTD pics. Plus I don't own a tripod so I'm constantly resting my camera on a shelf, window sill bookcase, or even worse using a mirror and just holding my camera myself. But hopefully all this will be resolved soon. One of my goals for 2012 is to get into photography. I've always had and interest but I really want to take some classes this year and develop my eye. So with my tax return I'm going to get a new camera. I'm thinking the Canon Rebel Eos t3i (or the t4i if it comes out soon). I'm going to get a tripod as well - then we'll be in business. The thing I'm most excited about with this camera (well there are more than one but we'll just start with this) the flip out LCD screen. So I'll be able to see the shot before I push the button. No more taking a picture. Running back to the camera. Looking at the picture. Realizing it's blurry and it didn't even catch your shoes. Reseting the timer and running back to your pose to do it all again.

So how do you take your OOTD pictures? Do you have someone take the for you or do you take them on your own? What about your camera - what type do you use?

4 comments:

  1. Getting into photography sounds like a fun hobby! I have a T2i and wish I had the T4i because of the lcd feature. I have a tripod and remote for my older pictures. The newer pictures the Hubby photographs me whenever we remember to bring the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know you like it Kimmie. I've been doing research on it but it's always nice to hear another blogger/vlogger that uses the camera and has positive things to say about it.

      Delete
  2. I have a T3 on my wishlist too! I am trying to figure out if I should get a DSLR that I probably won't use for anything except blogging because I know me and I will not end up lugging that big ole thing around - or get a compact flash camera that costs about the same, probably isn't as good, but I will be able to use in real life because it is smaller. Oh what to do! Please let us know what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Sony compact point and shoot that I take with me to snap pictures on evenings out, girls night, etc. It's pretty good for that purpose, but I want better pictures for my blog. Plus I'll use the t3i for the overall chronicling of the life going on around me - both while I'm home and when I travel. It helps that I always carry a large purse so the t3i should fit in there nicely.

      Delete