Friday, March 16, 2012

The first of many

I'm back on the dating scene, so that means lots of first, second, and third date outfits. For some reason I tend not to wear heels early on in the meet & greet process. Perhaps it's because I'm tall as it is, and I don't like to tower over people on dates (call me old fashioned). Beyond that I don't listen much to what people and books say about dating and fashion. My loctician says you should always wear a skirt or dress to show off your legs. My friend says you should never wear a turtle neck or crew neck. My neighbor says your makeup should be simple and neutral. While I'm sure there's great rational behind these pieces of advice (or not) I've always believed that it's really not that complicated. If you're comfortable and confident in your outfit of the night, then you're putting your best and truest self out into the world.


I inherited this clutch when my grandmother passed away. On both sides of the family, my grandmothers loved to shop and they really had some unique pieces. I was blessed to get some of them; they really hold a lot of sentimental value. I used the bag and shoes (Me Too) to pop my otherwise neutral outfit.


No comments:

Post a Comment