Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sized in Style - Summertime... and the living is easy...

Groundhog's Day was a week ago, and that little bugger, bless his heart, didn't see his shadow. What does that mean? It's an early Spring!! So in anticipation for Spring, and eventually Summer, I have started looking for the swimsuit of 2011. I usually by one suit a year to replace the one that I throw out and because I have a slightly hard to fit body I start looking early. Plus bathing suit shopping reminds me that there are warm days coming, even if it doesn't currently feel like it.

I have an average build, although I am tall, but my biggest issue is the chest. My girls are lovely, but they are large, and while I love bikini's those strings only offer so much support. Let's be honest, they offer no support at all! But there are brands that cater to us and they don't look like they're made for our grandmas either.


"Pier" by Freya (photo courtesy of Nordstrom)
"Pier" by Freya. This cute retro number comes in bikini and tankini versions; the underwire top goes up to size 38F! I love the skirted bottom, although I'm not sure how flattering it would be on a non-model body. Good news though - it comes in a regular bikini bottom. Those people at Freya thought of everything. I love the polka dots, but I already own 2 suits with various sized dots, not sure if a third suit is really needed.

"Kenya" by Carmen Mark Valvo (photo courtesy of Nordstrom)
Not everyone wants to wear a bikini, but that doesn't mean you don't want fashion. That's why I love this bandeau number by Carmen Mark Valvo. It has a detachable halter if you're looking for more support, the shirring has a sliming effect, and the skirted bottom is sexy not matronly. Sizes range form 6 to 16 which is great - definitly would have to try it on. My only gripe - I wish it came in additional colors.

Liberty Briland by J. Crew
This suit is another retro favorite - it's fresh with white grounds and a dainty floral pattern and there are decorative buttons between the bust. This suit comes in a d-cup for us well endowed ladies and the bottoms look like they are very versatile for various body types. I wonder how comfortable that strap will be after a day on the beach - looks a little dainty (i.e. unsupportive)

1 comment:

  1. I loooove bathing suits! That black one in the middle. the 'Kenya', I got one EXACTLY like that at Target. No joke... looks exactly the same and I got it on sale for $15! Gotta love thos deals!

    xo Amanda
    www.chicklitthenewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete