Sunday, February 20, 2011

Do Retro

I went to a brunch (my absolutely favorite meal of the day) with friends the other day and wanted to do something fun with my hair. I had decided that I wanted to wear my sequined J. Crew top so any hairstyle I did had to be an up-do. 99.9% of the time I start my up-dos with a basket weave in the back - I do it because it's so simple. It's kind of like a french braid, but instead of braiding you're just laying and layering pieces over each other. If you're interested here's a youtube how-to video (hmm, youtube is being uncooperative right now - check back for the link). After my upside down basket weave I took the hair at the top and split it into two sections, rolling them together to create Victory Rolls. This is such a fun and retro look - it definitely turned heads as I walked down the street and got lots of compliments from my friends. It's unbelievable that I literally just threw this together - love it. I have officially added this to my hairstyle library. Next time I'll try to do step-by-step instruction pictures for  you ladies.



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous retro look! Inspired look with the sparkly top. I always buy sparkly tops but never seem to wear them, this looks so good on you, I will re-think!

    ReplyDelete